olivercoper9
Golf Facility Repairs and Renovations

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday September 2, 2021 11:17 PM
You may have noticed you do not see a lot of new golf courses popping up, but have you noticed the changes happening to the ones that were already there? In 2020 alone, over half of the golf facilities in the United States were undergoing or planning large projects and capital expenditures. From renovations to repairs, US golf facilities are investing more and more into their courses every year. With so few newly constructed golf facilities, the existing clubs and courses are in competition to have the most up-to-date, eye-pleasing, and enjoyable facility.

There are a couple of ways to keep your golf facility in the 21st century (or bring it there for the first time). The most striking changes come from enhancements, and there are a couple of different enhancements to choose from. Every enhancement is different and just because they pretty do not mean they’re right for your facility. No matter who is designing and installing your enhancements, pay close attention to the constraints of your facility, poorly placed enhancements may be worse than not having any at all.

[[Edited by JohnnyGK on Thursday September 2, 2021 11:26 PM]]
 Message #99927
msherer260
RE: Golf Facility Repairs and Renovations

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday September 3, 2021 8:01 PM
What public courses in California (other then Diamond Bar) are making any great improvements?? I play all over and I have not seen anything more then a few new signs, a couple ball washers and amazingly a couple sand traps being taken care of......the public courses are raising prices and trying to make a profit for a change thanks to Covid.....
 Message #99931 - This was a reply to message #99927
Xianchef

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    TPC Sawgrass

Thursday September 23, 2021 11:22 AM
Griffith Park practice area is ripped up and gone. Azusa greens renovation to possibly selling 4 holes. Closing Montebello . trying to close Arcadia.

Terrible course conditions and raised prices at Santa Anita ( gimmie a break) 60 bucks to walk.

This last year has been a massive cash grab for golf. We were selling so many clubs at one point, 10.5 extra stiff because my buddy said thats whta i need.

I play 3x a week and the guys in the shop all play a couple of times a week. We play LA, Riverside and San Bernadino with some OC.

The course are making so much money that some won't open conssessions because they're making so much money and can trim on the service end.
Who wants to eat a dirty ass breakfast burrito after a hot and long round?

Try finding a place to chip or hit wedges. Finding a proper putting green, almost impossible. The courses are making money and their attitude is be grateful, at least you get to golf.

We playeed Summerly last week. 100 degrees out they said there would be a cart girl. We saw her on 6 and when we were in the car leaving.

Covid has been good to the golf industry for sure but course ammenities are garbage as a whole.
 Message #100139 - This was a reply to message #99931
AndrewZ28
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers

Favorite Golfer:
    Ben Hogan
Favorite Golf Course:
    La Purisima

Thursday September 23, 2021 3:54 PM
Just because I play there often, Goat Hill park has been constantly making improvements over the past 18 months. I actually don't know if there's a single hole that doesn't have a new tee, fairway, bunker, green, trees, etc. , not to mention a complete overhaul of the driving range. If I don't play there for two weeks there's a new construction project going.
 Message #100140 - This was a reply to message #100139

Listing 1 to 4 of 4 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]