AB 672 Is Back And Worse Than Before
SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers

Favorite Golfer:
    Arnold Palmer/My Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    Lahinch

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday December 7, 2021 11:26 AM
AB 672 (Public Golf Endangerment Act) provides $50 million in developer subsidies to redevelop California’s municipal golf courses into housing complexes. That’s 22% of the state’s golf stock that hosts upwards of 45% of the state’s golf play and roughly 90% of the game’s growth and diversity programs. It singles golf and only golf out for dismemberment; no other park, open space or land preservation use is similarly jeopardized, guaranteeing that golf and only golf will be sacrificed up for redevelopment. Your opinion is the one that counts most with the legislators who will determine whether golf will be sacrificed up or treated the same as every other park and recreation activity in California. Let them know what you think; act today!
 Message #101065
noeldaof
RE: AB 672 Is Back And Worse Than Before
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday December 7, 2021 1:15 PM
Yeah, I read that also- good post!

Municipal golf courses in California are under attack. Join the SCGA in opposing this damaging legislation—Contact your representatives today! >

https://www.scga.org/govt-affairs/ab-672
JVGA
 Message #101067 - This was a reply to message #101065
Alex326
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Wednesday December 29, 2021 11:07 AM
This bill is gaining traction as the state is offering $50m in subsidies to contractors for development of golf courses. Newsome just signed in a new law that goes into effect in January allowing ALL single family dwellings to be split into duplexes.

I know NCGA and SCGA have sent letters opposing AB 672. I would like to see a letter from Greenskeeper sent in as well. Maybe one that can be digitally signed by us members?

We need to be aggressive and take actions to protect the game we love. Not sit back and complain about the loss of golf courses.
 Message #101172 - This was a reply to message #101093
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

Wednesday December 29, 2021 12:15 PM
QUOTED  This bill is gaining traction as the state is offering $50m in subsidies to contractors for development of golf courses. Newsome just signed in a new law that goes into effect in January allowing ALL single family dwellings to be split into duplexes.

I know NCGA and SCGA have sent letters opposing AB 672. I would like to see a letter from Greenskeeper sent in as well. Maybe one that can be digitally signed by us members?

We need to be aggressive and take actions to protect the game we love. Not sit back and complain about the loss of golf courses.

I know I've taken individual action against it through the resources the SCGA provided. I encourage anyone who loves our game here in CA to do so as well. I'm going to post a banner site wide to see if we can get more support. I'll look into a letter on behalf of Greenskeeper.org as well.
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #101173 - This was a reply to message #101172
Alex326
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Wednesday December 29, 2021 12:24 PM
QUOTED  I'm going to post a banner site wide to see if we can get more support. I'll look into a letter on behalf of Greenskeeper.org as well.

Awesome
 Message #101174 - This was a reply to message #101173
24hourgolf
SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers

Favorite Golfer:
    Arnold Palmer/My Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    Lahinch

Wednesday December 29, 2021 2:31 PM
According to a friend a retired city planner, it is even worse than allowing ALL single family dwellings to be split into duplexes.

"They have totally removed R1 zoning (residential) in CA. They have demanded cities, towns, etc. provide thousands of new homes in their master planning. Parking restrictions have been removed from building requirements. And the planning departments throughout CA have been told that they must approve any and all plans, or face loss of state revenues (like sales taxes)."

Now I have not confirmed all the quoted info provide to me. But I have no reason to doubt the source who provided it. But even if 50% of it is true, it can become a train wreck in your neighborhood.

So not only are golf courses on the radar screen, our communities are as well.
 Message #101175 - This was a reply to message #101172
kviser

SoCal Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event LA-GK-Meetup-Winner: LA GK Meetup Winner GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Fred Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Thursday December 30, 2021 9:25 AM
QUOTED  I know I've taken individual action against it through the resources the SCGA provided. I encourage anyone who loves our game here in CA to do so as well. I'm going to post a banner site wide to see if we can get more support. I'll look into a letter on behalf of Greenskeeper.org as well.

Sounds like a plan. I have written my State Legislators via the links provided by the SCGA as well.

It seems that the political will of the people is not strong enough. Let's face it: As a population in general, we the people have enacted all the laws, taxes, and governmental oversight of our lives and freedom. When was the last time your state representative was voted out of office?
 Message #101180 - This was a reply to message #101173
t8fish
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    My Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    Wykagyl GC

Thursday December 30, 2021 10:50 AM
Sent out letters to Senator and Assemblyman yesterday.
 Message #101182 - This was a reply to message #101065

Listing 1 to 8 of 8 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]