msherer260
RE: GOlfNow.

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Saturday May 2, 2020 8:37 PM
Last week I got to use ONE of 5 free rounds Monday thru Thursday after 12 codes....the cost of the round was $24....I paid the $24 for my wife to join me...what a joke...I look almost everyday and three weeks out looking for something after 12 I can use the codes for...so far it is still very slim pickings...LOTS OF 11:52's? Talked with course manager and he said GOLF NOW asks for tee times BEFORE 12....so buying their Golf Pass is a set up for sure....gee get all those useless BS golf lessons and tips as part of the deal, you know the ones where 20 instructors have 20 different ways to do the same thing (20 out of 20 never work for me and most likely you too).\ So for now THE ONLY GOOD thing and I mean the only good thing about the Golf Pass is you get to cancel a Hot Deal if you have too (get credit, have to beg for a refund). Oh and you do get to use the $10 vouchers three days in advance for any hot deal (only worth it if you are buying for 3 or 4 and get another $10 code for the next rounded) I paid $199 last year, got a dozen Taylomade golf balls and all told (using all the perks like after 12 codes) I figure I saved $210 dollars (as I do not count the golf balls worth a dime).
 Message #94934 - This was a reply to message #93107
lpusa

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Wednesday May 13, 2020 5:40 AM
Anyone else tired of how GolfNow charges taxes on the full amount of the green fees even though they are only collecting convenience fees. I typically book a foursome for my group and GolfNow is charging up to $25 in taxes + convenience fees. If I'm not mistaken, by law, they can only charge tax on what they are collecting, which should only be the convenience fees (unless its a HotTeeTime where they are collecting entire fees) . As a consumer, I feel this is unlawful, as we are again charged tax at the golf course for the greens fee. Any lawyers out there with more info on how we can all get our money back for these unlawful practices? Class Action lawsuit?
 Message #95036 - This was a reply to message #94934
noeldaof
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Wednesday May 13, 2020 9:50 AM
HA! I've never noticed that trick of theirs. It is seldom that they collect the full amount in my experience and also it's been many months since I've used GN.

Upon looking in my past reservation with GN with greens fee collected for Sterling Hills, they charged $49 x2 = $98. Convenience fee $6.98, Taxes = $0 and total $104.98. I think their math is correct, and also no double tax. That was November, 2019.

I'll be careful next time if I ever have to use them although I am avoiding them anyway because of reasons mentioned above.

Wonder if you could show and post a screenshot of the double dipped taxation they've imposed on you (without revealing any of your sensitive information of course.)

Thanks.
JVGA
 Message #95040 - This was a reply to message #95036
mpisarski01
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Griz. Ranch & Chambers

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday June 11, 2020 1:11 PM
An email just went out today and it looks like they read this thread. Still not the same as my teeoff.com membership but at least it makes it easier if you buy their pass.

Beginning June 18th, each new monthly tee time credit you receive will be $10 in value and can be used on ANY GOLFNOW Hot Deals or TeeOff DEAL Time tee time. That includes weekends, weekdays, morning or afternoon – whatever fits your schedule.

[[Edited by mpisarski01 on Thursday June 11, 2020 1:12 PM]]
 Message #95342 - This was a reply to message #93108
blakej824

Favorite Golfer:
    Tiger Arnie Rickie
Favorite Golf Course:
    Kapalua Plantation

Friday June 12, 2020 2:59 PM
I have 10 sitting and doing nothing. In an attempt to rectify this, and with an unexpected morning off I found a Tuesday tee time for 11am. As it was a hot deal, and my coupon didn't cover it all, I paid the balance and went to the course. Showed up, no record of it. Course completely booked. Looked at the fine print 11pm. Sure shame on me for not reading more closely. But an 11pm tee time should never be offered, its a clear glitch, and you expect customer service from a company like this. Called to try and get a refund, and it is impossible to get a person on the phone unless you are calling to book a tee time. Even then, sometimes impossible. "Use our chat function". Oh it doesn't exist except behind this 200$ pay wall?

Blake has left the Golf Now chat for good.
 Message #95347 - This was a reply to message #95342
scratchman

Favorite Golfer:
    Tiger Woods
Favorite Golf Course:
    Goose Creek

Wednesday June 17, 2020 10:49 AM
You actually called and got through to someone? Lucky you
 Message #95388 - This was a reply to message #93107
ringworld

Community Director

GK Event: Played in a GK Event ringworld-blog: golfing guru ringworld blog GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Rory Mcilroy he's peachy
Favorite Golf Course:
    Spanish Bay Pebble Beach

Friday June 19, 2020 3:07 PM
Simple. Learn to play the game well until they decide to change the rules of the game. In which case you learn those rules to play the game well until they decide to change the rules again. And so the process continues.

Just like my buddy used to say when I complained about the President and economy. "doesn't matter who's President. Learn how to play the game well and win despite who is in power. Why do you have to succumb to their whims? Play the game well using the rules in your favor." Simple advice, easy to understand; infinitely hard to follow.

LOL Good luck on gaming the system ;D
Work Hard. Play Golf! www.ace-cases.com
Oh yeah, I blog too: www.golfing-guru.com

Know before you go.... golfing with Greenskeeper.org!
 Message #95449 - This was a reply to message #95441
ringworld

Community Director

GK Event: Played in a GK Event ringworld-blog: golfing guru ringworld blog GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Rory Mcilroy he's peachy
Favorite Golf Course:
    Spanish Bay Pebble Beach

Friday June 19, 2020 4:07 PM
I do have a beef with TeeOff (now GolfNOW) call center.

There are not enough operators to answer the phone nationwide. I mean on hold for 8-10 minutes, WTF.

Message #95450 - This was a reply to message #95449
Nickesquire
GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack-Freddie-Tiger-Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Poppy Maderas

Friday June 19, 2020 6:13 PM
Invalid Promo Code
We're sorry, we couldn't find that promotion code. Please check the spelling (codes are case sensitive).

GOLFPASS Members: Hot Deals reservations must be made at least 3 days in advance (i.e. for a Thursday play date you must book the tee time by Monday)

Comment: So to use with their subscription service, you can only do so 3 days in advance, when the "Hot Deals" are at their highest rate. For those who have followed the GN system, many see than Hot Deal rates are reduced the closer they get to the actual tee time. $10 off the original "Hot Deal"price may still be higher than the Hot Deal will be day of the tee time. (assuming it is still available)

GOLFNOW Members: Hot Deals reservations must be for play Monday - Thursday after 12:00pm

Comment: So unless you join GOLFPASS, they basically make the $10 off coupons you "earn" very difficult to utilize. As others have pointed out, they basically choose to not offer "Hot Deal" tee times after noon in many areas.
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #95451 - This was a reply to message #95450
ringworld

Community Director

Favorite Golfer:
    Rory Mcilroy he's peachy
Favorite Golf Course:
    Spanish Bay Pebble Beach

Friday June 19, 2020 9:05 PM
Sounds like they are really stepping away from discounted tee times for the forseeable future.

Wait until the tee times are not as compacted. At the moment because of the 10 minute tee time separation tee times are at a premium (fewer tee times available.) Even if the daylight hours are longer it won't be for long. Personally seeing it being this way for the next 3-4 months. Once the days are shorter watch them try to put a dent back into their tee sheets. In the meantime they are trying to make up for the 2 months or more of being closed.

Message #95456 - This was a reply to message #95451

Listing 11 to 20 of 28 Replies

PAGES: 3 1 2 3

[ Community Page ]