Discussions in General Discussions
Moderated By JohnnyGK

Forums
General Forums
General Discussions
Your job and how do you manage your time?
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: Your job and how do you manage your time?

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 5 of 5 Replies

PAGES: 1
EricLyman
Your job and how do you manage your time?

Favorite Golfer:
    Eric Lyman
Favorite Golf Course:
    Lyman

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday September 24, 2020 4:04 AM
We live in a very busy world, where we barely have time for ourselves. So how do you guys manage your time to work and to play golf?
 Message #96410
Alex326
RE: Your job and how do you manage your time?
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Thursday September 24, 2020 8:29 AM
There are 24 hours in a day. I only need 4 of those for golf. That leaves me with 20 hours (15 after some sleep ) for work. On most days that's enough time to get what I need done. I have a saying, I can type on the computer at 11PM but I can't golf in the dark. Meaning, I don't like wasting daylight hours sitting inside an office. If you willing and capable of working in the evening hours a couple of times a week then getting in a round of golf or two midweek shouldn't be a problem.

For example, on Tuesday, I was in the office at 6Am, worked until 10a, played golf and was back in the office at 2p where I worked until 10:30 P

Last week at Ridge Creek, I took the early 7:10 tee time then worked from 10:30a to 10P.

I coordinate with the wife to ensure that we have 2-3 days together of neither of us working or so we can spend time together. I now rarely (maybe once a month) do both play golf and go for a bike ride on the same day. So I've been trying to walk a lot more to help balance the "fitness" with the playing. Also, I don't watch TV. Except for three weeks during the Tour de France.
 Message #96413 - This was a reply to message #96410
noeldaof
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday September 24, 2020 1:21 PM
Heading into shorter daylight now but, usually after work is a good time to go with a lesser greens fee. This is great as a single golfer who just wants to have a quick round after work and walk 18.

If you were looking into weekends and/or with groups, it may save you some time to look for tee times each time you go out by joining a local men's club that plays every once in a while or certain day in a week- then plan your work around it.
JVGA
 Message #96416 - This was a reply to message #96410
EricLyman

Favorite Golfer:
    Eric Lyman
Favorite Golf Course:
    Lyman

Monday September 28, 2020 8:29 AM
Indeed it is very hard to manage and I actually have 2 jobs and all my free time is full.
In general, I could hardly find a second job, but I needed a lot because I really needed money.
I was lucky to have a friend who gave me some good ideas with passive income investments from https://themoneymix.com/passive-income-ideas/ and I started to apply them in practice.
I don't know what it would be like to do without her help.

[[Edited by EricLyman on Monday September 28, 2020 10:54 PM]]
 Message #96437 - This was a reply to message #96410
noeldaof
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday September 28, 2020 2:54 PM
At first I thought you were just looking to find how to manage your golf time.
Then you say you have two jobs- If they're both anywhere near 8 hour jobs each, how about weekends?
Now you're telling us here about investments.
Then you're telling us what it would be like without your friend- That part is something I'm not interested about.

Are you more concerned about how to manage your golf time or are you about to spew a marketing speech?
I say that because I get these calls each dinner time- and I don't care for it.

Which is it?
JVGA
 Message #96441 - This was a reply to message #96437

Listing 1 to 5 of 5 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]