msherer260
Golf Pass..

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday January 26, 2021 11:56 PM
Been with Golf Pass from their beginning and have watched them get worse every single year, this year no exception...now for $99 you get no fees, but only on your first 10 bookings?? You get free cancellations again only 10 times...when they started you got no fees, free cancellations and free rounds after 5 bookings...then it went to no fees and you they came up with a free round after 12 Monday thru Thursday which was also given ever once in awhile to all people booking certain times of the month (and in Southern California they would have lots of tee time from 11:00 to 11:58) of course there were so few tee times after 12 it was hard to use them up//. (talk to the manages at your local course and let them tell you the rules they have for giving tee times to Golf Now to be on their tee sheet programs) At one time I had 5 free after 12 rounds I could not use because One there was only maybe 1 or 2 spots after 12 and most at a 9 hole that charged $15 after twelve anyway....they think the crap videos they let you watch have some kind of value...same crap on YouTube for free everyday maybe a different instructor....and of course they have other things to sell you.....NBC took over and its all about making more money for them now.
 Message #97716
mpisarski01
RE: Golf Pass..
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Griz. Ranch & Chambers

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday January 27, 2021 6:12 AM
This topic has been beat to death in other forum which = Golfnow/pass sucks. It is a shame they bought teeoff.com as well and I am waiting for when they start to charge fees on that site too.
 Message #97717 - This was a reply to message #97716
golferic420
RE: Golf Pass..
GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Lefty
Favorite Golf Course:
    Las Vegas Paiute

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday January 27, 2021 9:41 AM
Interesting topic, as I work with hotels and resorts on their distribution strategies for everything; hotel rooms, tee times (if they have a golf course), event planning (pre-COVID), and marketing to Travel Agents.
There is definitely a shift going on, where golf courses are looking more and more at ‘newer’ tee time distribution platforms. While GolfNow does have a sort of ‘monopoly’ (kind of), operators are starting to get tired of paying the high fees, and giving up some valuable tee times for ‘preferencing placement’.
It’s kinda like the 3rd party delivery companies and restaurants.
I would suggest (to help support the course), to check the course’s website first, and/or maybe call to book (just like I would call the restaurant to place a take out order, instead of using of those apps).
It’s tough in a market like Los Angeles, as the city/county courses do things ‘their own way’, but the daily fee courses can kind of do whatever they want. When daily fee courses start to see a better ROI on direct bookings from their own website/players calling in, they might circumvent GolfNow altogether.
GolfNow does provide them a large audience looking for tee times though. So it could be tough to get away from them at the moment.
Just my $0.02
 Message #97718 - This was a reply to message #97717

Listing 1 to 3 of 3 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]