msherer260
Fair Trade Golf

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Saturday January 2, 2021 9:36 AM
Why do we all pay the Permian prices for top level golf equipment? Fair trade laws are beat by the Golf Companies claiming Patton rights on their products . So a $499 driver is $499 at all the good size retailers...they can offer free shipping (If OEM allows, and some don't) they cannot knock off a few dollars or pay the tax or even give you a dozen balls in fear OEM will pull product from their stores. Notice how during the Holidays all the Premium golf balls go from $47 or so to $39 a dozen or buy 2 get 3..same deal everywhere, I was supersized this year several retailers had free 2 day shipping on the premium balls also OEM had to allow that or maybe help pay for it? Did you notice those $39 a dozen premium balls all went back to $47 or more at all the same retailers the same day? Come on even buying a new car you can get different prices and deals from different dealers....would it not be fair if Joe's Golf Shop could sell you a $500 driver for $435 (without breaking an OEM Rules) and not loose the right to sell from that OEM? You know if retailers had free choice on what they sell the golf products for we would all benefit with a little price warring between retailers...why not get a free dozen balls and bag of tees when you spend $500 for a driver...or maybe a free divot tool with the new $300 putter....
 Message #97436
Nickesquire
RE: Fair Trade Golf
GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack-Freddie-Tiger-Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Poppy Maderas

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Saturday January 2, 2021 10:06 AM
PGA Superstore in Palm Desert took care of me well. Free fitting where Jeff worked with me for several hours over two days. Best fitter I have ever worked with! I then purchased a full set of clubs through them from two different major manufacturers, all at the OEM set prices you describe. PGA SS threw in a nice carry/stand golf bag out of their stock because of that and previous purchases through them over the years. Very satisfied with them and their services. Highly recommend.
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #97439 - This was a reply to message #97436
Alex326
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Saturday January 2, 2021 11:28 AM
Bike companies are the same way in that Prices are set bike the manufacturer. A lot of industries are this way. It’s designed for a couple of reasons. One is so the big stores don’t run the little guy out of town by undercutting them as they are able to make up for less profit by selling more volume.
End of the year sales are to just clear out inventory before releasing the new models. Like Nick said, if you develop a relationship with a retailer they will take care of you (as long as you’re not a complete jerk).

As for the prices of new clubs. It’s what the market will bear. If everyone stops buying $500 drivers the prices will come down in the way of “special sales”. On the other hand If a company runs out of inventory by April expect the prices to go up the next year. You have to keep in mind that Golf ranks #2 on the list of Sports/activities with the highest median household income. That means the golf companies know that the consumers can afford a new $500 driver.

[[Edited by Alex326 on Saturday January 2, 2021 12:34 PM]]
 Message #97440 - This was a reply to message #97439
mdames
GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

Sunday January 3, 2021 9:22 PM
All prices charged by retailers are a reflection of the manufacturer's requirements. Mfrs. typically reimburse retailers for the cost of advertising and marketing their products. The mfrs set a MAP (minimum advertised price). If a retailer sells for less than this amount, the retailers won't be given any marketing and advertising fund. his is a big deal for all retailers. So, they comply with the MAP. As Alex said, above, market forces dictate pricing on new products. If consumers aren't willing to pay the asking price, it will eventually come down.

[[Edited by mdames on Sunday January 3, 2021 9:25 PM]]
 Message #97456 - This was a reply to message #97436
Deepsea14
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    Dad and his Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    The one I'm playing

Monday January 4, 2021 8:26 AM
My golf buddy just got his new pyramid putter ($250+ shipping) Still missing like before! (kidding!)

Surveys indicate that 70% of on-line purchases are mad intoxicated. (another story)

Simple supply and demand principles with a dose of (perfectly legal?) manufacturer price fixing = Our capitalist system of trade.

Recently learned the old driver will go a lot further and more accurately with a change of technique and a bit of practice of it.
Now if I can groove that motion and find a $500 toy that improves on that = an eager consumer!
 Message #97459 - This was a reply to message #97456

Listing 1 to 5 of 5 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]