msherer260
LPGA Your kidding right?

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday May 23, 2021 5:21 PM
Today Phil takes home $2,160,000 and second place $1,296,00 (yes it is a major and they do pay taxes) but women on LPGA that won today got $195,000 and all the way down to last place $2,243 does that even pay for the women to play in the tournament (hotel, food, caddie, travel) How do these women even make a living on the LPGA, I read that out of the top 100 women golfers in the world only about 70 of them make a good living...and more then half only because of sponsors and a few their looks.....three of the top earning women golfers cannot break par and rarely make a cut. Time PGA took over the LPGA and raised its value.
 Message #98994
mpisarski01
RE: LPGA Your kidding right?
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Griz. Ranch & Chambers

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday May 23, 2021 6:03 PM
This Topic has been beat to death on GK before but Sponsors and viewers pay the bills. With out sponsors and viewers there is no Million dollar prize.
 Message #98995 - This was a reply to message #98994
roarksown1
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Ty Webb
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bighorn Golf Club

Sunday May 23, 2021 6:13 PM
QUOTED  This Topic has been beat to death on GK before but Sponsors and viewers pay the bills. With out sponsors and viewers there is no Million dollar prize.

Exactly. It's a business, not a cause. If the audience grows, so too will the prize money.
 Message #98996 - This was a reply to message #98995
Nickesquire
GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack-Freddie-Tiger-Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Wolf Creek Poppy

Sunday May 23, 2021 6:31 PM
QUOTED  Exactly. It's a business, not a cause. If the audience grows, so too will the prize money.

For the same exact reason top WNBA players earn a fraction of what LeBron and the top NBA players make. One is a much more established entity and there is a huge gap in skill level. Even the top women professionals in each sport can not compete in the men's league.

The women in both sports put on a great product. More finesse, because they flat out do not have the physical strength in most cases. When as many or more people want to watch them than their male counterparts, their pay will rise accordingly. It is what it is.
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #98997 - This was a reply to message #98995
1PLUS1

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Seve; Nick Faldo
Favorite Golf Course:
    Belgrade Lakes (Maine)

Sunday May 23, 2021 6:51 PM
How many more times are you going to keep bringing this topic up? Did you not read the responses to your November 2020 rant? What is it about product demand and sponsorship dollars...and the direct impact they have on the size of the prize money purses...that you don’t understand? Do us a favor and move on to something else.
 Message #98998 - This was a reply to message #98994
Deepsea14
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    Dad and his Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    The one I'm playing

Monday May 24, 2021 10:06 AM
It's all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Will it ever be equal? NOOOoooooooooooooooooooo!

I agree topic is belabored. Or I prefer; it's been beat like a dead horse. No offense APL!

LPGA best thing to happen to golf since the squire's innovative sand wedge.

As the men's game has advanced to a level few can attain. The women's game has made these advances as well.
Skill levels maybe near equal. The power and distances displayed of the men no match. No way and that's more than ok.
Distances are closer to above average amateur men.

Things being more or less equal. Choice of attending (or volunteering) a LPGA event or a PGA tourney?

I'd choose LPGA 9 out of 10 times.
 Message #99000 - This was a reply to message #98998
sparky14
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Ben Crenshaw
Favorite Golf Course:
    All except Shorecliffs

Monday May 24, 2021 1:51 PM
Ow! My eyes rolled into my head so hard it hurt.
 Message #99004 - This was a reply to message #98994
PokerGuy0826
GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup

Favorite Golfer:
    Freddy Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    TPC Sawgrass

Monday May 24, 2021 3:16 PM
It truly is all about the benjamins!

When I was a touring PBA member we would look at PGA money lists and cringe. #100 was still making $1Mil! Hell, if we made $50k we had a great year!! Honestly though, we could never pack thousands of spectators into a bowling center, our marketing never figured out how to make us interesting, and all this resulted in sponsorships being almost non- existent.

Without these 3 things you never have a chance of building the machines that work the best, like the NFL, PGA Tour, & MLB. It probably doesn't seem fair, but it is what it is. If you're truly that concerned, I would recommend joining their marketing team, finding big $$ sponsors, and donating some of your own $$ to each & every tournament prize pool. Short of that, watch & enjoy and let the players and their sponsors figure out how they will make a "decent" living.
 Message #99005 - This was a reply to message #98994
michaelko
NorCal Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Monday May 24, 2021 4:57 PM
QUOTED  When I was a touring PBA member we would look at PGA money lists and cringe. #100 was still making $1Mil! Hell, if we made $50k we had a great year!! Honestly though, we could never pack thousands of spectators into a bowling center, our marketing never figured out how to make us interesting, and all this resulted in sponsorships being almost non- existent.

I don't know about this... I saw this documentary about bowling, and it looks like they have huge crowds and sponsorships:

Message #99006 - This was a reply to message #99005
sammy3

Favorite Golfer:
    Tommy Bolt
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble

Monday May 24, 2021 5:11 PM
Why hasn’t the no spectators provision been lifted for the LPGA?
 Message #99008 - This was a reply to message #98994

Listing 1 to 10 of 27 Replies

PAGES: 3 1 2 3

[ Community Page ]