Discussions in GK Events & Outings
Moderated By JohnnyGK

Forums
Greenskeeper.org
GK Events & Outings
Recap: GK Plays Desert Willow Golf Resort 2020!
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: Recap: GK Plays Desert Willow Golf Resort 2020!

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 2 of 2 Replies

PAGES: 1
JohnnyGK
Recap: GK Plays Desert Willow Golf Resort 2020!

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday September 15, 2020 4:37 AM
What a great turnout for an outing to be honest with you I thought would be a challenge to get players to take on the heat … instead we sold it out. THANK YOU!

Fortunately we missed the majority for the heat teeing off early and Desert Willow Golf Resort staff was phenomenal in working with us when it became very clear a bunch of players were not going make their tee time on time due to a bad accident on the 60. I got my first text around 7:00am from blakej824 that the 60 is at a standstill. Shortly thereafter others start pouring in. I let the Desert Willow GR staff know and immediately they tell me not worry, that everyone will get to play, they would even adjust the tee sheet or send the late arrivals off in shotgun format. Very professional and put me at ease. Understand they had a full tee sheet that morning as well. Awesome customer service. Desert Willow GR is a lock for a 2021 GK Plays outing.

A week prior to our outing there was a massive sustained heat wave with temperatures in the 120 range. Thank you golf gods for the cool down and thank you Desert Willow GR for somehow keeping your golf course in great shape. I’ve been reading reviews posted GKers and really appreciate them.

After play Desert Willow GR had us set up on their beautiful patio. I saw many GKers enjoying the food/drink and ambiance. We gave away a ton of awesome Linksoul golf apparel, Golf Moose gift cards and a comp foursome for Royal Links Golf Club. Big thanks to our sponsors. I’m always amazed and incredibly appreciative of the generosity provided by Linksoul and AndrewZ28 to our GK Community.

Our next outing is in NorCal at Rancho Solano Golf Club, Fairfield on Sunday October 11th. I love that golf course and have been wanting to do an outing there for years. The fires in NorCal although have thrown a curve ball. God bless everyone in NorCal dealing with them. Let’s see if things improve by the end of this week otherwise I’ll need to reschedule it.

Results (no measuring tape for social distance safety)
Hole 5: CTP: No One (31 players and no one hit the green???)
Hole 6: LD: Shane Maag
Hole 8: CTP: Shane Maag
Hole 11: CTP: Solinari619 (told 3 inches!)
Hole 13: CTP: Tim Klepper
Hole 18: LD: Tim Klepper

Photos:
This outing was a little crazy for me as an organizer running around at check-in, adjust pairings on the fly and then after wanting to give our prizes away more quickly as temperatures rose. Unfortunately I did not take as many photos as I normally do. SeveB helped snap some extras which was appreciated. If you want to share your own photos PLEASE POST HERE.

Lots of new faces at our outing this time. THANK YOU GKers for inviting your friends and family out to experience some GK Community fun!

[[Edited by JohnnyGK on Tuesday September 15, 2020 4:52 AM]]
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #96291
Nickesquire
RE: Recap: GK Plays Desert Willow Golf Resort 2020!
GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack-Freddie-Tiger-Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Poppy Maderas

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday September 15, 2020 6:45 AM
QUOTED  Hole 11: CTP: Solinari619 (told 3 inches!)

I was robbed! I think my 3 in the water on hole 11 deserves more consideration than a guy who hit to to 3 inches? You can hit a lucky shot and get it to 3 inches. But you have to work to hit 3 in a row in the drink... especially the quality of THOSE shots. It's not like they landed close to the green and I was unlucky they rolled back in. Push, fat and thin, about the only bad shot I discriminated against was a shank. Was literally more over par on hole 11 that I had been through the first 10 holes, ruined what could have been a good round in a few minutes.
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #96295 - This was a reply to message #96291

Listing 1 to 2 of 2 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]